Skip to content

Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Brown Sugar Banana Sauce

March 13, 2011

There is no better way to spend your Sunday than having brunch. While I like going out for brunch, sometimes I feel like I can never get exactly what I want and it can get expensive after a couple mimosas! One of my favorite things to make for breakfast/brunch is french toast with brown sugar banana sauce. I don’t always add mascarpone, but it just adds a little something extra to take this to another level of good.

Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast

• 4 eggs
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 8 slices of Challah bread
  • butter
  • mascarpone cheese

Whisk together eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow dish or bowl. Soak each piece of bread in mixture to be sure each piece of bread is coated. Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a little butter to coat the bottom, about a teaspoon. Add French toast and cook about 4 minutes on each side until French toast is crisp and golden on the outside. Repeat until you have cooked all of the French toast. This will make enough for 4 people, but you can half the recipe if needed. To assemble, spread mascarpone on one slice of French toast and top with another. Spoon brown sugar banana sauce on top.

Brown Sugar Banana Sauce

• 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon cream
  • 1-2 bananas sliced
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and cream. Stir sauce until sauce is smooth and combined about 2 minutes. Add bananas and cook and additional minute.

About these ads
13 Comments leave one →
  1. March 13, 2011 3:39 PM

This looks great! I know my husband will love this…can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharinga!

2. March 14, 2011 1:37 AM

Oh my gosh, this looks so heavenly it could be dessert. Of course, in my book , there is nothing wrong with dessert for breakfast. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I’d like to invite you to stop by and link your french toast up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

3. Hope permalink
    March 14, 2011 6:23 PM

Yummy!

4. March 19, 2011 2:24 PM

I saw a picture of this on yumsugar.com and immediately started drooling. Unfortunately my fridge is empty since I’m moving soon, otherwise I’d make this for lunch!

5. Allure Madewell permalink
    March 21, 2011 10:05 AM

That looks amazing! Need I not ask the caloric intake….just ENJOY!!!!

6. April 11, 2011 8:22 PM

French Toast is so unhealthy, but I love it.

7. Sally Ibarra permalink
    April 12, 2011 10:45 PM

Just made this for supper along with fresh strawberries in sugar sauce/nutella option OMG! Very rich and turned out wonderful! (the fruit cancels out the butter, heavy cream, mascarpone and sugar, calorie-wise ;o) Also made turkey breakfast sausage.

• April 13, 2011 12:40 PM

That sounds delicious with the strawberries and nutella! I will definitely be trying that!

• Sally Ibarra permalink
        April 13, 2011 11:32 PM

I ended up mixing the bananna sauce with the fresh strawberries & sauce on top of a mascarpone/nutella stuffed french toast,LOL! SO YUMMY!

8. Nicole Capriles permalink
    July 14, 2011 3:42 PM

Oh my goodness, I stumbled across your blog when I was googling stuffed french toast and this looks amazing!! I’m making my fiance breakfast in bed for his birthday and I think he would love this. Thanks for all your delicious recipes, I bookmarked your blog for future ideas :o)

9. Andre permalink
    April 11, 2014 3:49 AM

I almost licked the computer screen lol