After making my last batch of dough I had a little left over. I wanted to do something little different and wasn’t in the mood for a red sauce so why not shrimp scampi pizza. It’s simple, easy, and fresh!
For the scampi, you’ll need the following:
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-5 cloves garlic minced, depending on how garlicky you want it.
1 dash of chili pepper flakes
1 lb shrimp shelled an deveined. can be left whole or cut in half
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup white wine
1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add garlic, chili pepper flakes and cook for about one minute
- Add shrimp, cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. The shrimp will cook more once in the oven, so try not to over cook.
- Once shrimp are cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and wine
- Simmer until sauce has reduced slightly about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.